The region’s business community is continuing to identify workforce development strategies for the Grand Forks area, forming the Grand Forks Workforce Committee.
The committee evolved after luncheons hosted by the Grand Forks Region EDC, The Chamber GF-EGF, Job Service ND’s Grand Forks office, and the Northeast Dakota Human Resource Association, to gather input and ideas from business executives and human resources representatives.
“This committee has been formed in response to great opportunities and our region’s strong economic climate,” said EDC Vice President Keith Lund. “Further identifying and implementing ways to recruit, develop, and retain workforce are among our leading priorities. “
Lund says the committee’s efforts will complement other regional and statewide work that includes the Valley Prosperity Partnership and the North Dakota Good Life initiative.
Six task force groups have been formed under the Workforce Committee:
- Business – Post Secondary Education Education Engagement. Co-chairs: Keith Reitmeier, Job Service ND; Ilene Odegard, UND Career Services
- Veteran/Military Recruitment. Co-chairs: Terry Sando, Grand Forks Region EDC; Col. Paul Bauman, Grand Forks Air Force Base
- New Americans Employment. Co-chairs: Janell Regimbal, Lutheran Social Services; Cynthia Shabb, Global Friends
- Joint Referral Network. Co-chairs: Emily Myrum, Altru Health System; Rick Sandwick, UND Human Resources
- High School Career Awareness. Co-chairs: Keith Lund, Grand Forks Region EDC; Eric Ripley, Grand Forks Public Schools
- Niche Workforce Markets. Co-chairs: Dave Sena, Northlands Rescue Mission; Jerry Severson, ND Vocational Rehabilitation